Re: [Nel] about using of directx input 8

From: Nicolas Vizerie
Subject: Re: [Nel] about using of directx input 8
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:13:22 +0200

Hello,

As a matter of fact, you need the DirectInput8 library to compile NeL on windows platforms, but you don't need the DLLs for the runtime. If a Direct Input dll is found it will be used (it is loaded by a LoadLibrary, instead of an implicit link) , but if not, the standard windows messages will be used instead. Anyway, direct input is not used in snowballs for now.
For now, we haven't considered another API because it is not our main focus at this time, but we may in the futur..

regards,

Nicolas Vizerie