Re: [Nel] Model polycount

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Model polycount
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:02:29 +0200

Hi Mr,

> I was wondering if anyone knows NeL's limit for onscreen polys and / or
> individual model poly limit. This will be a great help to me.

Landscape using dynamic tesselation so there's no polygon limit but patch
limit (we use 160m * 160m patches) but it s only a framerate limit, not a
technical limit.
For the model we use MRM so they are also dynamic tesselation depending of
the distance.
So the poly limit are depending of the 3d card, not really the engine. On a
geforce 3, you could have around 100 000 poly (but it depends of your
framerate, the number of object, the number of material, and so on so
there's no answer to your question).

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?