Re: [Nel] Build NEL on Windows

From: Phil Jia-Lin Wu
Subject: Re: [Nel] Build NEL on Windows
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:46:57 +1100

Hi Olivier,

It seem worked, but another new compilation problem occurs.
The error shows as below:
------------------------
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "eax.lib"
-----------------------

It looks like library linking cannot find.
However, there is no such "exa.lib" in the OpenAL package.  Where to link?

Phil

>>> address@hidden 03/21/02 08:54PM >>>
Hi Phil,

> When the VC++ compiling the "driver_openal file" project, it will occur 2
> error messages as below:

> Compiling...
> stdopenal.cpp
> U:\clip2\projects\nevrax\nel\src\sound\driver\openal\sound_driver_al.h(58) :
> error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'EAXSetProp'
> U:\clip2\projects\nevrax\nel\src\sound\driver\openal\sound_driver_al.h(58) :
> fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
> Error executing cl.exe.
>
> nel - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
> Does anyone know the problem?

Make sure to add the right include paths in your Options/Settings
in Visual Studio.

Let's say you have installed OpenAL in the folder C:\OpenAL.
The include paths will be C:\OpenAL\Win and C:\OpenAL\Win\AL
(the paths C:\OpenAL\Include and C:\OpenAL\Include\AL will not work
because the OpenAL platform-dependant implementations have been
developed separately by Creative Labs and Lokigames and the header
files did not remain the same (slightly different function names,
arguments, defines, and so on).

Please tell us if this helps to correct your problem.
If so, we'll add some more precise information in the document
http://www.nevrax.org/docs/doxygen/nel/nel_sound.html

Regards,
Olivier
--