Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux compilation patches

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux compilation patches
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:47:12 +0100

Hi,

> The only problems are the low framerate, which jumps around somewhere
> between 3 and 5 fps, and an extremely sensitive mouse.  I will shortly
> take a look at the client.cfg to see if there are any settings that can
> help me make exploring the territory even more fun!

mouse_listener.cpp line 121:
  turnZ.rotateZ ((float) Pi*2.f*(_X-mouseEvent->X));

You can change the factor (2.f) and set a lower value to have a lower mouse
sensitive.

The low framerate is normal I think, because of your Voodoo 4 (perhaps
driver are not accelerated or badly accelerated). Loic have a very high
framerate with his 3d card (nVidia) on GNU/Linux.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?