Re: [Nel] Error Message building Position.exe for SnowBalls Server.

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Error Message building Position.exe for SnowBalls Server.
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:45:51 +0100

Hi again Tony,

> <ErrorMessage>
> main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
> NLMISC::CVector  __thiscall CTrajectory::eval(__int64)const "
> (address@hidden@@address@hidden@@address@hidden)
> </ErrorMessage>

Oups, I forgot to commit the new .dsp, We forgot to put physics.[cpp|h] in
the .dsp
Fixed this night.

>   In anycase, I'm trying to figure something out here.  So basicly,
> if I wanted to use NEL for my own online game, I would basicly take
> the Client and server Code examples to figure out how to build all my
> services and dependancies, then distribute the client to my player
> base and be all set.  Do I need to actually alter any NEL code to get
> my project working? If so, then I would need to release my source to
> my game although I wouldn't have to completely open up all the game
> content (exact data or tools used to build the game) would I?

You don't need to alter NeL code unless you want to had some features in the
lib.
Anyway, you'll have to release your source if you distribute your program
because you use a GPL licenced project.

>   I was under the assumetion that This was more of a like a SDK,
> where I would just link up some libraries, run some basic calls and
> then have a fully functional game.  Not neading anything more then
> the headers and library files.   Or am I mistaken?

NeL is a not a SDK, it's only a package of library that help to to create
your game, but NeL doesn't contains code for gameplay or stuffs like that,
it's only a generic library to create easier your own game. NeL only provide
a 3d engine, network engine, sound engine and ai engine.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?