Re: [Nel] Snowball 2.0?

From: Tony Hoyt
Subject: Re: [Nel] Snowball 2.0?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:43:46 -0400

Vianney Lecroart wrote:

  I've read some of the logs to this newsgroup so I knew about the
issues with the current SnowBall.  I would like to give NEL a try but I
was hopeing a more full version example would help me more :-) But yes,
i'll look at the tutorials some more to see how this sdk works.

> The NeL library user interface changes often because we have not fix it. We
> plan to fix the NeL interface before the end of this year. But the current
> user interface doesn't change often anyway.

  I'm a little confused here.  Basicly what I want to know is, if I
write code for nel now, how strong is the possablity of me having to
re-write that code to take into the count of changes in function
definitions?  now i know the code must evolve and change, but if I start
writing an application with the sdk, and every two months i need to make
major revisions to keep up with the latest and greatest, I may pause
some before starting development.  How possable is it to see a lock on
the headers?

> I leave Cyril Corvazier (lead 3d programer) to answer to this :)

  Also, anyone hear about this new technology Verant Interactive is
going to be using for EQ1.5? (ie, the upcomeing expansion)  I hear it's
supposed to help make online games work a hell of a lot faster.  But
what is it?

  Tony