monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Purge not working for monotone-server

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Purge not working for monotone-server
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 03:27:20 +0100

Richard Levitte wrote:

> Considering I run a server that's important to many (;-)), I'd like to
> help make sure it gets updated smoothly.

Well, feel free to check out the org.debian.monotone branch from
monotone.ca and look at the changes in the last commit. Also, feel free
to check the purge functionality on a machine that doesn't host anything
important ;).

The issue here is the tradeoff between simplicity and safety. The line
that finds the key to delete could also do the delete at the same time
if we didn't do a count of the matching keys and so on. Given that
monotone will typically refuse to generate keys with duplicate names and
I doubt anyone would force it to do that, the check might be more
trouble than it's worth.

I'm just looking for some basic QA on the changes I've made.

Francis