monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Purge not working for monotone-server

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Purge not working for monotone-server
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:30:33 +0100

Thomas Keller wrote:
> You could try to determine if there is more than one key with the same
> name, like this:
>
> mtn ls keys | grep $MTN_KEY | cut -d " " -f1 | uniq
>
> If there is only one, concatenate $MTN_KEY with the hash output from the
> above command and remove the key file. If there is more than one, issue
> a warning to the user that the key is not deleted because the correct
> one could not be determined.

Well we can certainly check for multiple files that match the pattern
$MTN_KEY or $MTN_KEY.hash, where hash will match anything that looks
like a key hash. We can't use 'mtn ls keys' in purge, because monotone
may already have be gone.

> For future installations it might be a good idea to store the key ID
> instead of the key's given name - then a rm -f $KEY_DIR/*.$KEY_ID should
> be ok.

I'll look into that this.

Is there anyway to query the monotone database itself about the key-pair
it's using?

Francis