monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] debian/copyright needs rewriting?

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-debian] debian/copyright needs rewriting?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:26:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

when trying to check the latest and greatest (with lintian), I got the
following:

W: monotone-server: copyright-without-copyright-notice
N:
N:   The copyright file for this package does not appear to contain a
N:   copyright notice. You should copy the copyright notice from the
N:   upstream source (or add one of your own for a native package). A
N:   copyright notice must consist of Copyright, Copr., or the Unicode
N:   symbol of C in a circle followed by the years and the copyright
N:   holder.
N:
N:   If the package is in the public domain rather than copyrighted, be
N:   sure to mention "public domain" in the copyright file. Please be aware
N:   that this is very rare and not the same as a DFSG-free license. True
N:   public domain software is generally limited to such special cases as a
N:   work product of a United States government agency.
N:
N:   Refer to http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html for details.
N:
W: monotone-doc: copyright-without-copyright-notice
W: monotone: copyright-without-copyright-notice

Conssidering the many authors, I feel unsure how to go about this, but
if it's ground for rejection, it seems it's something we need to deal
with.

Help?

Cheers,
Richard

P.S.  Other than that, given Zack's instructions, it was easy to
create a script that does "the right thing"...

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis