monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] state of the buildds

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-debian] state of the buildds
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:09:04 -0700

The newly uploaded monotone 0.37 is on its way to failing to autobuild
on lots of architectures again. :-( The good news is, I don't think
the problems are as fundamental this time.

Currently, http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=monotone says (note that
the overview screen lies - you have to look at each individual build log
to know what happened :-P)

 * amd64, i386: successfully built and transmitted to the archive.
 * arm, m68k, powerpc, s390, and possibly hppa: build in progress.
 * sparc, ia64: dependency problems; looks like fallout from the
   Ghostscript packaging changes in unstable, buildd admin needs to
   fix it, nothing we can do

 * mips, mipsel: testsuite tripped over a quirk of the buildd
   environment.  These apparently set $HOME to a directory that exists
   but is completely inaccessible by the buildd uid; I've already
   committed a fix for this to mainline and .debian-diff.  (To avoid
   the 0.36-2 glitch, though, I have *not* put anything in
   debian/changelog for it.  I think we'll want to do a 0.37-2 upload
   in fairly short order but not just yet.)

 * alpha: genuine failure.  Doesn't appear to be the same problem that
   we had last time round.  I've gotten back in touch with Lennart
   Sorenson, who was debugging the alpha failures last time, but this
   would be much faster to fix if some kind soul would give me an
   account on an alpha machine.  ;-)

zw