monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] lots of testsuite failures in 0.36-1 package

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-debian] lots of testsuite failures in 0.36-1 package
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:13:53 -0700

We turned the test suite on for the 0.36-1 package, and somewhat
unsurprisingly, we are getting lots and lots of test failures on
platforms that upstream doesn't test very often.  According to
http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=monotone we have failures for
alpha, hppa, mips, mipsel, powerpc, and s390 - ranging from a handful
of test failures to a segfault in the unit tests (!) and complete
failure of the integration tests.  An FTBFS bug has already been filed
for s390 (#439584) and I imagine the other architectures will follow
in short order.

Debugging these is obviously a priority, but it's going to be fun,
because I'm on the road and anyway I don't have access to most of
these architectures.  At the least, could y'all reply to FTBFS bugs as
they get filed, asking for the contents of tester_dir in the build
tree...?  (I've already done this for the s390 bug.)

zw

p.s.  The good news is, the arm build failure has vanished as
mysteriously as it came :-/