Re: Service name with whitespace

From: Ron Kelley
Subject: Re: Service name with whitespace
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 09:06:20 -0400

…doesn’t answer your question directly, but I use underscores in place of spaces.  Like this “check host “Test_Host”.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 8:35 AM, Robert Ehrenleitner <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I just tried to give a service a somewhat more legible name containing a whitespace and realised that it is not allowed:

check host "Test Host" host with address 192.168.10.140
   if failed ping then alert

When reloading monit, it says:

/etc/monit.d/test.conf:1: unbalanced quotes '"'
/etc/monit.d/test.conf:1: syntax error 'Host'

Same with single quotes.

How can I insert a whitespace into a service name?

Kind regards,
rexkogitans