Monit is not notifying me of PID changes

From: Ragnar
Subject: Monit is not notifying me of PID changes
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 21:56:39 +0200

Hello,

I have monit 5.16 installed in Ubuntu 16.04 and I am not getting alerts of PID changes. I get alerts of other monit events without any problems.

My alerts are configured in monitrc as follows:

set alert address@hidden NOT ON { fsflags }

My services config files looks like this:

check process nginx
  with pidfile /var/run/nginx.pid
  start "/etc/init.d/nginx start"
  stop "/etc/init.d/nginx stop"

  if failed host localhost port 443
  then exec "/usr/local/bin/monit_slack_notification.sh"
  else if succeeded
  then exec "/usr/local/bin/monit_slack_notification.sh"
  if not exist
  then exec "/usr/local/bin/monit_slack_notification.sh"
  else if succeeded
  then exec "/usr/local/bin/monit_slack_notification.sh"
  if failed host localhost port 443
  then restart
  if not exist
  then restart

If I restart Nginx manually (i.e. service nginx restart), the PID changes, but I do not get the monit alert. What could be happening?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Ragnar