Re: Question about script alert description

From: Bryan Harris
Subject: Re: Question about script alert description
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 07:33:27 -0400

Ah I see, this is another artifact from us having an old-ish version of Monit.  Where I work we can only use EPEL from RHEL 6 and the guy who maintains Monit for EPEL is very busy lately and had no time to update to the latest.  He was also worried about backwards compatibility.  If I had any idea how to be an EPEL maintainer I could try and help but it looked very confusing to me (compared to slackware, which is easy enough for me to handle).  I will probably leave it alone for now, and store it away in the back of my head that a future update might make the output I'm seeing more pleasant for me.

Thanks for your help.

V/r,
Bryan

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 4:57 AM, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2016, at 18:50, Lutz Mader <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Martin,
> is this a new mail Format used by monit 5.19. or an old Format?
>> the prefix "'/usr/local/sbin/inactive.sh' failed with exit status (1) -- " is part of the event description.
>

> With monit 5.18 I got mails like the following.
> Monit UUUU Manager_Lsof Status succeeded
> Monit alert
> Service Manager_Lsof event Status succeeded
> at Sat, 10 Sep 2016 09:23:08 on SSSS
> status succeeded [status=0] -- lsof 1966
> Yours sincerely, Monit
>

> With the monitrc definitions like this.
> set mail-format { from: address@hidden
>  subject: Monit UUUU $SERVICE $EVENT
>  message: Monit $ACTION
> Service $SERVICE event $EVENT
> at $DATE on $HOST
> $DESCRIPTION
> Yours sincerely, Monit }
>

> Yes, the mail contain the usefull Status Information, but the script
> Name is not part of the mail.
> Bye, Lutz

The status succeeded message didn't contain the program name - only the status failure event.

We have simplified the messages in the next monit release: https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/commits/c8db8020a5e177a9552e92af015056fc162a4268?at=master

Best regards,