RE: [Announce] Monit 5.18

From: Roose, Marco
Subject: RE: [Announce] Monit 5.18
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 08:46:59 +0000

Dear Martin,

thanks a lot for the great release! I especially like the new output format.

Unfortunately I have one problem with this change in the output: I used the  URI _status (e.g. http://<host>:2812/_status) for my monitoring to (cross-)check service availability… with Nagios. First thing I’m missing is the current Monit version number (which was in the first line of output before). I think this is a nice to have, maybe it can get re-implemented?

Second: now those control characters are “wasting” the _status output. Is there some GET parameter I can submit to get the same output as with the “-B” option on the command line?

Best regards,

Dr. Marco Roose

Max Planck Institute for biophysical Chemistry

DE-37077 Göttingen