Re: How to stop a process permanent

From: Christopher Wood
Subject: Re: How to stop a process permanent
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 09:38:55 -0400

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 01:12:08PM +0200, Lutz Mader wrote:
> Hi all folks,
> I start using monit some months ago and got a problem all the time a
> "Process" or "Program" was stopped via monit and became "Not monitored"
> (the process was gone), but started by someone else manually later
> (started outside from monit).

Apart from your training issue of staff not using correct daemon start
procedures, it sounds like you'd get more mileage from configuration management
(ansible/chef/puppet/salt/etc.) for this issue. That way every configuration
management application would return the daemon to its correct state, and could
also update your monit configuration (including monit reload) besides.