Re: Unable to stop monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Unable to stop monit
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 10:28:47 +0100

As mentioned it is almost certainly linux driver issue ... monit just triggers
the problem, but the root cause is 3rd party.

Based on the stacktrace which is logged in
https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issues/317/monit-stuck-in-uninterruptible-sleep-state
 it seems that the blocked read() may probably come from collecting the system
and process statistics via a /proc filesystem.

It  seems that in case of LXC it goes via a FUSE filesystem and gets stuck
there.

I think it should be possible to trigger the problem without involving monit,
the following script collects the data from the /proc filesystem each 5 seconds
similarly to monit, can you try to run it and see if it'll stuck as well?

        while (true); do cat /proc/meminfo /proc/stat /proc/[1-9]*/stat
/proc/[1-9]*/status > /dev/null; sleep 5; done