Re: Redhat RPM for Monit 5.15 (latest)

From: Thomas Spicer
Subject: Re: Redhat RPM for Monit 5.15 (latest)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:40:46 -0500

While not an RPM, the simplest approach for us with CentOS was to use the binary. We use a snippet like this in our Docker CentOS 7 containers:

   MONIT_VERSION=5.15
   # Add Monit binary
    mkdir -p /tmp/monit
    cd /tmp/monit
    wget https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/downloads/monit-${MONIT_VERSION}-linux-x64.tar.gz
    tar -xf monit* && cd monit*
    rm -Rf /usr/local/bin/mont
    mv bin/monit /usr/local/bin
    chmod u+x /usr/local/bin/monit
    ln  /usr/local/bin/monit /usr/bin/monit

We would then copy over any configs in /etc/monit.d and then use "/usr/local/bin/monit -I -c /etc/monitrc -l /ebs/logs/monit/monit.log” to launch Monit