Re: Redhat RPM for Monit 5.15 (latest)

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Redhat RPM for Monit 5.15 (latest)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:39:52 +0100

The rpmbuild allows to specify a target:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/ro/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/ch-rpmbuild.html#id617777

However creating package which will run on different distributions (or
versions) will be tricky, as the binary will link with specific library version
requirements. In such case it'll be better to create an rpm from our pre-build
binaries (https://mmonit.com/monit/dist/binary/), which are universal for all
linux distributions (we plan to create packages for various linux distributions
and versions in the future).