Re: Is it possible to "alert" based on a cron-style string?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Is it possible to "alert" based on a cron-style string?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:38:19 +0100

Hello Marcus,

there is no support for cron-style alert filter currently, but it could be
certainly useful and we may add it in the future.

I think the workaround with two checks will work, another solution could be to
use "exec" action with custom script, which will send mail (using for example
"mail" CLI utility) only if the current time matches some pattern, something
like this:

   check ...
      if failed ... then exec "/usr/local/bin/myalert.sh"

Monit sets environment variables which you can use in the script to get details
about the event: http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#ENVIRONMENT