Is it possible to "alert" based on a cron-style string?

From: Marcus Mülbüsch
Subject: Is it possible to "alert" based on a cron-style string?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:12:19 +0100

Hello list,

I have checks that I don't want go get an alert mail if it triggers and thus fill my mailbox. Setting "noalert address@hidden" works.

However, at night and at weekends I'd like to get an alert mail. Right now I can only think of setting up to checks, one with "EVERY [cron]" and sending mail and the other with "NOT EVERY [cron]" and not sending mail.

It is possible that way, but doubles the number of entries and thus is hard to maintain. Is it possible to apply a cron-style setting to just the alert statement, either globally or per check?

   Thank you,

Marcus