Re: monit-general Digest, Vol 143, Issue 2

From: Kizito Porta Balanyà
Subject: Re: monit-general Digest, Vol 143, Issue 2
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 19:59:33 +0100

Hello Russ, thanks for your comments.

I respond in line:

> The log shows that configure is having problems testing gcc.

I have read that this is normal, that failing tests are necessary ...
they are like "pre-tests".

> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 4.8.3 (GCC)
> configure:3289: $? = 0
> *configure:3278: gcc -V >&5*
> *gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'*
> gcc: fatal error: no input files
> compilation terminated.
> configure:3289: $? = 1
> configure:3278: gcc -qversion >&5
> gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
> gcc: fatal error: no input files
> compilation terminated.
>
> You should try running
>
> $> autoreconf -i --force

I have installed autoconf, automake and libtool, but with no results.

The same eror:
configure: error: Architecture not supported: CYGWIN_NT-5.2
configure: error: ./configure failed for libmonit

> If you have troubles with that, you could try re-running autoconf and
> automake by hand. Autoconf reads configure.ac to generate configure

$ autoconf -i -f
$ automake -acf
$ ./configure --without-ssl --without-pam

Again the same error. I attach the config.log.
configure: error: Architecture not supported: CYGWIN_NT-5.2
configure: error: ./configure failed for libmonit

If I launch the bootstrap, tests are passed ok:
Success bootstrapping libmonit
Success bootstrapping Monit

Yes it is hard to find what happens, I'm a newbie and the config.log
is very "useless".

Could you all help me?

Thanks a lot.