Re: Monit remote servers custom process

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit remote servers custom process
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 14:41:59 +0200

Hi,

Monit <= 5.7 purges the environment variables and sets only spartan
PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin" + set of MONIT_* variables (documented in
the manual) ... this was done to run the program in a sandbox and not pass any
extra informations from parent process environment to child, but caused
problems in some cases, where the script depends on environment settings.

=> Monit upgrade to 5.8 or later should fix it ... alternatively you can load
the environment in the script or define required environment variables and/or
use absolute path.