Re: CPU syntax

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: CPU syntax
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 14:33:47 +0200

Hi,

there are two kinds of CPU checks:

1.) system wide (with user/system/wait granularity) ... in the context of "check system ..."
2.) per-process (the Spamassassin example) ... in the context of "check process ..."

On system-wide level there is no "total cpu" load ... in practice it's usually sufficient to use some reasonable value for usr/sys/wait and/or combine it with loadavg test, which is good indicator for real system load.