Re: Execution failed

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Execution failed
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 09:49:09 +0200

Hi,

Monit <= 5.7 purges the environment variables and sets only spartan
PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin" + set of MONIT_* variables (documented in
the manual) ... this was done to run the program in a sandbox and not pass any
extra informations from parent process environment to child, but caused
problems in some cases, where the script depends on environment settings.

For example your script doesn't use absolute paths ... if "java" is not in the
above mentioned PATH, then it won't be found.

=> Monit upgrade to 5.8 or later should fix it ... alternatively you can load
the environment in the script or define required environment variables and/or
use absolute path.