Re: Monit set in /etc/inittab on CentOS 6.5

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit set in /etc/inittab on CentOS 6.5
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 14:37:51 +0200

Hi,

CentOS 6.x uses upstart ... the /etc/inittab entries have no effect, as stated
in the header of CentOS's /etc/inittab file:

--8<--
# inittab is only used by upstart for the default runlevel.
#
# ADDING OTHER CONFIGURATION HERE WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOUR SYSTEM.
--8<--

You can find hints for starting Monit with upstart here:
http://mmonit.com/wiki/Monit/Upstart