Re: Why force "-m64" on Solaris/X86?

From: Sergey Maslyakov
Subject: Re: Why force "-m64" on Solaris/X86?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:01:49 -0500

Any opinions on this? Somebody must have put the "-m64" switch there on purpose.

If vendors do not object, I could open an issue to remove this switch for Solaris builds and to let the compiler or the user decide whether to force 64-bit mode or not. I think the flag makes it more restrictive than it should and results in build failures with 32-bit compilers on Solaris/X86.

Please let me know if this worth doing and I will self-assign the ticket and contribute the fix. But if it will be rejected, I'd like to know this before I start.

Thank you,
/Sergey