Re: Using monit with Outlook 365 SMTP servers

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Using monit with Outlook 365 SMTP servers
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:24:15 +0200

The problem is in the new TLS version ... there is bug in the mail delivery
implementation which doesn't start TLS if the new TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2 version is
used. The problem is fixed in the development version - you can get it here:
https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/get/master.tar.gz

To compile:

        sh bootstrap
        ./configure
        make

The original TLSv1.0 works both in Monit and on Office365 side => as a
workaround you can use "tlsv1" option instead of "tlsv11":

        set mailserver smtp.office365.com port 587
          username "address@hidden" password "abcdef"
          using tlsv1