Re: Execute script if monit fails to send

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Execute script if monit fails to send
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:58:38 +0100

Hello,

there is no hook for executing script on M/Monit connection failure ... you can
either add standalone "check host" test as you mentioned, or to save the
connection attempt, you can just use "check file" with content match test on
Monit logfile, something like:

check file monit_log with path /var/log/monit.log
   if match "M/Monit: cannot open a connection" then exec "..."