Re: Why this syntax error in control file?

From: John Moore
Subject: Re: Why this syntax error in control file?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:11:11 +0000

On 19/08/13 15:04, Martin Pala wrote:
> Monit 4.8.1 doesn't support "start delay" option - it was added in Monit
 5.0.

Thanks, yes, I discovered that shortly after sending my message. I don't
know how it ever worked on that server, which is running Debian Etch,
but I presume a later version of monit must have been installed at some
point, since when we have somehow reverted to 4.8.1. but leaving a more
recent config file in place.

I've now done a build from source of 5.5.1, which looks to be working fine.