Incorrect error when restarting

From: Prajwal Manjunath
Subject: Incorrect error when restarting
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:31:36 +0530

I'm running Chef to deploy an app. It happens to contains a line to create the monit configuration, which automatically restarts monit when created. Immediately after, a command for "monit restart <process>" runs. However, this always fails because monit has not yet completely reloaded. It would be awesome if monit could make a request "wait" for a few seconds before throwing an error, during a reload/restart.

Another related issue is the error message I get when this happens, which tells me I did not start monit in HTTP mode.