Re: Monit Check Syntax

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit Check Syntax
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:35:38 +0100

Hi,

the configuration looks OK ... what the problem is? (please provide the error
messages or describe the expected behaviour vs. reality).

If you use the "every <x> cycles" option, the cycle length is set with the
global "set daemon <y>" => if you want to run it once per 15 minutes, with that
configuration the "set daemon 60" should approximately do the trick.

Note that monit scheduler  currently isn't wall-clock based ... the cycle
length is variable (based on number of tests and timeouts ... the "set daemon"
sets the sleep interval between cycles => even with 15 * 60 it won't be exactly
15 minutes as the time consumed by the cycle itself is not included. We will
fix this in the future - the monit scheduler will allow the run the tests at
exact time.