filesize check for symlink target

From: Lawrence, Wayne
Subject: filesize check for symlink target
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:26:59 +0000

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way for monit to check the file size of a symlink target.

I use linked logs and chronolog and want to keep an eye on the current log file size but cant seem to find a way of doing this in monit.

for example my apache.log links to 2012/Mar/apache.log obviously this rotates monthly and i want to monitor the target file without having to change the config every month.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.

Regards

Wayne