Re: filesize check for symlink target

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: filesize check for symlink target
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:15:56 +0200

Hi Wayne,

the file check supports the symlinks - the size test verifies the symlink's
target size, not the symlink itself. For example:

mkfile 10m /tmp/myfile
ln -s /tmp/myfile /tmp/mylink

The following monit configuration which check the file via symlink will report
problem, as the my file size exceeded 5m:
--8<--
check file myfile_symlink with path /tmp/mylink
   if size > 5 MB then alert
--8<--

Test output:
--8<--
'myfile_symlink' size test failed for /tmp/mylink -- current size is 10485760 B
--8<--