Re: Help with a Check

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Help with a Check
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:23:56 +0100

Hello,

the example of monit configuration is in monit manual (http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#program_status_testing), e.g.:

--8<--
check program myscript with path "/usr/local/bin/myscript.sh" every "* 8-19 * * *"
if status != 0 then alert
--8<--

If the script won't complete (timeout), monit will report error. If the exit status will be different then 0, monit will report the error along with the error output from the script.

Simple script example:

--8<--
#!/bin/bash
echo "Hello world"