Re: Help with a Check

From: Tyler Yosick
Subject: Re: Help with a Check
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:23:31 -0500

Wow. Thank you so much for emailing me back! I didn't expect a response that quickly. In response to your reply:

I tried this in the monitrc file:

"check program mri_script with path /home/twapp/scripts/mri_song_block.php
 every "* 8 * * 1-5" # Check every workday between 8AM-9AM
  if status != 0 then alert"

But when trying to start monit after editing the config file, I get this error: "/etc/monit/monitrc:13: Error: syntax error 'mri_script'"

It shouldn't matter what the check name is right?

If this helps, the script I am trying to monitor runs once a day and is a php script. (not sure if php makes a big difference or not)

Any thoughts?

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 17, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Tyler Yosick wrote:

> I am in need of some help. I am trying to get monit to check a script at a certain time daily. I want to make sure the script completes, and if it doesn't, to output errors to an email or something.

You can use something like this [1]:

 check program name_of_test with path /path/to/script.sh
  every "* 8 * * 1-5" # Check every workday between 8AM-9AM
  if status != 0 then alert

In your script, in case of an error, everything written to stderr will be included in the alert message emitted by Monit.

[1]

See http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#program_status_testing
and http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#service_poll_time