Re: Monit switches to "not monitored" state occasionally

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: Monit switches to "not monitored" state occasionally
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:45:14 +0100

Hi Martin,

On 13.01.2012 14:16, Martin Pala wrote:

> you should check the monit logs - it will show why the service monitoring was
> disabled (whether it was some manual action, etc.).

Well, monit is configured to log to syslog:

set logfile syslog facility log_daemon

And I can see that there are messages when monit starts, that the
control file syntax is okay, but that's it. There's no indication
whatsoever why the processes are in the unmonitored state -- this is
actually why I'm asking: because the logs do not show anything out of
the ordinary yet monit put all processes in the "unmonitored" state.

Is there any automatic action which would cause monit to put a monitored
child into "unmonitored" autonomically? If so, how can this mechanism be
disabled?

Best regards,
Joe