Re: monit & GPL V3

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit & GPL V3
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:13:34 +0100

We actually use AGPL and our goal with using AGPL is to preserve the concept of
copyleft with Monit. The license only applies if you plan to distribute or
provide Monit to third parties. In that case our hope and the reason we use
AGPL is that any modification done to Monit can be contributed back so others
can benefit. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want with Monit without any
restrictions which is the normal case for 99% of all users. More information
about GPL can be found in the GPL FAQ, http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html