monit & GPL V3

From: Andrew Holt
Subject: monit & GPL V3
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:39:48 +0000

Hi,

I have a question, why is monit licensed under GPL V3 ?

I have worked for a couple of companies that explicitly forbid the use of
software covered by GPLV3 to remove the risk of being forced to either provide,
or re-write vendor produced code that makes use of it.

I’m not trying to start a debate of the merits, or otherwise, of GPLV3 just top
understand the reasoning (so I can attempt to persuade others :).

Regards,
Andrew