ignore pid file changes

From: Mike Zupan
Subject: ignore pid file changes
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:09:59 -0800

I have a monitor in place that looks like

check process app_thin_8107
    with pidfile /data/app/current/tmp/pids/thin.8107.pid
    start = "/etc/init.d/thin-app start 8107"
    stop = "/etc/init.d/thin-app stop 8107"
    if totalmem > 500.0 MB for 3 cycles then restart
    if 9 restarts within 9 cycles then timeout

We do a lot of deploys and thin needs to be restarted for each deploy
and we get spammed with email each time. Is there a way to tell monit
to ignore pid changes?

Or is the solution to monitor the port and not the process?

thanks
mike