RE: How to Install Monit on CentOS/Cloud Linux

From: Harish Chouhan
Subject: RE: How to Install Monit on CentOS/Cloud Linux
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:57:38 +0530

Hello,

Thank you very much Martin. This has worked like a charm. I know thank you is a small word for your time. If you ever require any web design service, please feel free to let me know and I would do the best I can for no charges.

I am pasting contents of my other email. It would be great if you could have a look.

++

Well everything is installed in the general way, However except system monitoring the other monitoring does not work.

The code I am using to monitor, Apache, SSH & MySQL is:

## Securecentos.com DirectAdmin.conf for Monit (Updated 12082009)

check process httpd with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid

   group apache

   start program  "/etc/init.d/httpd start"

   stop program  "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"

   if failed host localhost port 80 protocol http

      and request "/" then alert

   if cpu is greater than 60% for 2 cycles then alert

   if cpu > 80% for 5 cycles then restart

   if children > 250 then restart

   if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then alert

   if 3 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

## SSHD monit config , http://www.securecentos.com

## Modified 25/7-2008

check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid

start program  "/etc/init.d/sshd start"

stop program  "/etc/init.d/sshd stop"

if failed port 2222 protocol ssh then restart

if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

## Securecentos.com mysql.cfg for Monit (Updated 12082009)

check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

   group mysql

   start program = "/etc/init.d/mysql start"

   stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"

   if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 3306 protocol mysql then restart

   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

   if failed unixsocket /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock protocol mysql then alert

Now the monitoring starts, and after 5 failed attempts it just steps. I have gone to the “/var/run/” folder but did not find the sshd.pid file. Any other folder where this file may be present so I can modify and test?

Regards,

Harish Chouhan

Visit me at - www.harishchouhan.com