Re: Testing connectivity to a SMPP-server

From: Marcus Mülbüsch
Subject: Re: Testing connectivity to a SMPP-server
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:25:38 +0200

Am 14.09.2011 13:49, schrieb Jan-Henrik Haukeland:

On Sep 14, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Marcus Mülbüsch wrote:

   How do I write a statement that will do one test after the other; and only
if the first test succeeded?

This cannot (yet) be expressed in the config language. If-tests are separate
statements without an 'else if' part. This will be changed in a later release,
though not optimal, maybe you can use the new check program statement and put
the test in a script executed by Monit?

monit 5.3 is not yet in the gentoo portage tree; so this has to wait. Temporarily we can live with that behaviour.

However; currently monit cannot connect to the remote SMPP-Server. Since I'm unable to login via telnet, too, I consider that a problem not related to monit - to be solved tomorrow :)

But just as a precaution: Can I increase the loglevel so that I can watch what monit sends and gets back? So I can watch whether I mis-formated the string, that is filled with hexcodes?

Marcus