Re: Intentionally stopping a daemon and preventing monit from restarting

From: Martin Konecny
Subject: Re: Intentionally stopping a daemon and preventing monit from restarting it
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:00:35 -0400

@Darhi,

I looked up the unmonitor command and it looks like I need to somehow combine these two statements:

 check file with path /var/run/airtime-playout.pid
  if does not exists then unmonitor

 check process airtime-playout
    with pidfile "/var/run/airtime-playout.pid"
    start program = "/etc/init.d/airtime-playout start" with timeout 10 seconds
    stop program = "/etc/init.d/airtime-playout stop"

Im not sure if Im headed in the right direction.

I also saw unmonitor as a command-line parameter to monit, but this requires monit to be started with http support. We want to include monit with our open-source software that will be shipped on to thousands of systems. It would problematic to modify the monit init.d scripts for every users system. Is there any other way?