Re: Intentionally stopping a daemon and preventing monit from restarting

From: Darhl Thomason
Subject: Re: Intentionally stopping a daemon and preventing monit from restarting it
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:09:06 -0700

Look up unmonitor.

Sent from my AT&T wireless handheld

On Jun 16, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Martin Konecny <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I just started using Monit to monitor a few of my daemons, and I'm very impressed with the simplicity. Good work! There is one thing that I'd like to do however, and I havent been able to find anything about it in the manual: What if I want to temporarily disable some of my daemons?

Im running

/etc/init.d/my-daemon stop

which also removes the pid file. How do I prevent monit from restarting this process automatically?

I figured the default behaviour would be that monit restarts the daemon only if the pid file exists. If it doesn't exist, we could assume that the program shutdown gracefully and the shutdown was intended.

Do I have to disable monit and I want to temporarily disable my daemons?

Here is my script:

 check process airtime-playout
    with pidfile "/var/run/airtime-playout.pid"
    start program = "/etc/init.d/airtime-playout start" with timeout 10 seconds
    stop program = "/etc/init.d/airtime-playout stop"