Re: Agents Constantly Reporting Start Events

From: Christopher Opena
Subject: Re: Agents Constantly Reporting Start Events
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 18:19:07 -0700

On Mon, 9 May 2011 11:26:55 +0200
Martin Pala wrote:

> The event queue stores the event in the case that the delivery to mmonit or SMTP server failed ... the delivery is retried next cycle and the event is removed as soon as the delivery succeeded.

except they aren't removed automatically atleast for me with just local
monit and OpenBSD. I think it works fine with version 4? It's not a big
issue for me anyway, I just disabled eventqueue.

Chris, does it reoccur if you trigger the same event and what version
were you using?

This appears to be the case for us as well on a Monit agent restart; the Stop message gets sent correctly (and cleared from queue), but the Start message remains in the queue even when the message is sent (eventqueue is enabled for us), causing multiple messages to be sent.

The network trace to the M/Monit server is single-hop as the agent and M/Monit server are in the same [RFC1918] broadcast network.

I may try disabling eventqueue, but we'll see.

Cheers,
-c