Re: monit: action failed -- There is no service by that name

From: Jeremy Clarke
Subject: Re: monit: action failed -- There is no service by that name
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:06:33 -0500

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Salam Y. ELIAS <address@hidden> wrote:
check process httpd with pidfile /var/run/httpd/httpd.pid

Are you sure that is where the PID file lives on your server? It will be in different locations depending on your Linux flavor. On my centos 5 box it's at '/var/run/httpd.pid'.

You should cd into the /var/run/httpd/ directory and make sure the httpd.pid file is there.

I've also had issues with Apache pid files dissapearing, so I set the 'start' action to be '/etc/init.d/httpd restart', which makes apache regenerate a new pid file so monit can continue to track it.

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org