[monit] Wait for dependencies to start

From: Philippe Muller
Subject: [monit] Wait for dependencies to start
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:27:10 +0100

Hi,

I use Monit to manage services who has dependencies between them.

I currently have two services :
- glusterfs-sge : A GlusterFS instance on which Sun Grid Engine stores data.
- sge-qmaster : A Sun Grid Engine instance which depends on glusterfs-sge.

Sometimes, when both services are down and I start sge-qmaster, its execution fails because glusterfs-sge takes a few seconds to be ready.

How can I force monit to wait 3 seconds between the start of glusterfs-sge and sge-qmaster ?

Thanks.

Philippe Muller