Re: [monit] Making multiple http requests in one cycle

From: Paras Fadte
Subject: Re: [monit] Making multiple http requests in one cycle
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:16:16 +0530

The goal is to make say x number of  http requests in one cycle and if out of that n requests are not successful it should send alert.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, i understood ... the question is what exactly is the goal - in case of ping test the "count" option sets fault tolerance for the test - in case of "count 3" three pings are sent and the test succeeds when at least one response returned. Hence i mentioned possibility to set fault tolerance across check cycles. This is not the same what you asked for, but it could be OK - it depends on what you're trying to solve: is the check OK if all requests succeeded? or is it OK if at least one request succeeded?

If you need more requests in one cycle regardless of status, you can add the same line multiple times:

  check process ...
    if failed port 80 ...
    if failed port 80 ...
    if failed port 80 ...

Monit will then send the same request and react to any failure.