Re: [monit] Aborting monit on failure

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: [monit] Aborting monit on failure
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 16:44:16 +0200

I would not even know how to change it if I do not even see the exec script
being executed.
The 2nd line (after #!/bin/sh) is echo "executing fail_action.sh " >> monit.log
but nothing gets printed.
Be carefull ! Use full pathname !

echo "executing fail_action.sh " >> monit.log

while create a monit.log file in the CWD path of monit (the directory of
execution)

The file certainly exists but elsewhere that you are looking at ?!

Do :

$> locate monit.log

and see if you have several answers...

It is same issue than missing env vars in scripts.

For instance :

echo "executing fail_action.sh " >> $MONIT_LOGDIR/monit.log

Will fail too, because the exec of monit do not inherit of any custom vars.

Do a source of env scripts before, or use full pathnames or
write the monit exec command with  :
"env MONIT_LOGDIR=/some/path /another/path/fail_action.sh"

regards