[monit] Aborting monit on failure

From: Stephan-Frank Henry
Subject: [monit] Aborting monit on failure
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:44:28 +0200

Hello all,

I have a requirement to have a monitoring system that will monitor a file and a
remote server (+ more later maybe) and if one of both fails, the system should
execute a scrip and then stop dead (i.e. monit stop).

A friend of mine pointed out monit as a great tool and I do say it is very
impressive, but I am having problems getting my requirements done.
I have been playing around with monit all day but am unable to get this solved.

On one side I tried execs that would do the required tasks and then try to stop
monit from inside the script.
But the tasks would only happen if I externally stopped monit.

Then I tried with stop programs, but that seems to be something completely
different.

Can I do this with monit?

Even if monit would not do it directly, can I get monit to terminate (monit not
running in daemon mode) when a requirement is fulfilled?

Thanks

Frank